In our reading it is important to look closely at the pictures and for the children to discuss what they think is happenning. This provides opportunities for children to extend their thinking and develop their communication and language. Some possible questions to ask could be...
- I wonder what is happening in the picture?
- I wonder what could happen next?
- Who are the main characters?
- What do they look like?
- I wonder how are they feeling?
- How do you know?
- We also encourage the children to look at the front cover and predict what they think the story is about, what could happen in this story?
- What is the setting?